This is similar to eggplant parmesan but with a couple differences. Usually when I make eggplant parm, I slice the eggplant into circular shapes but for this pizza, I sliced it the opposite way to get long pieces. Then you spread marinara sauce on the eggplant, add mozzarella cheese, sliced tomatoes, grated parmesan cheese and chopped basil! It’s an easy dish and you can also serve with pasta or salad. I wanted to keep it simple and just add tomatoes for my toppings but I wonder how it would be with more toppings like bell peppers, mushrooms or pepperoni? Let me know if you try it with other toppings! 🙂
Recipe for Eggplant Pizza:
cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
grated parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice eggplant so you have long pieces.
3. Spoon marinara sauce onto each piece and spread out.
4. Add pieces of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and sprinkle parmesan cheese & basil on top.
5. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.