I am such a nerd, I have been so excited to just say braise it up. I always like to have a bag of kale in my fridge since you can throw it into pasta, soups or make chips. Spaghetti with braised kale is one of my go to quick & easy meals with minimal ingredients. It’s basically just spaghetti, kale, garlic, lemon juice/zest, hot red pepper flakes all mixed together. I know it might sound like a boring dish but you’ll be surprised how much flavor there is. In order to braise kale, you have to cook it with some olive oil & garlic until it gets tender. I like to add a sprinkle of lemon zest & juice and then you toss in spaghetti. I didn’t have onions when I made this but you can also include onion or shallots. Simple, easy & delicious 🙂
Recipe for Spaghetti With Braised Kale:
3 cups kale
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 small garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
grated parmesan cheese
optional: hot red pepper flakes if you want a kick
salt & pepper
1. Cook spaghetti in pot of boiling water.
2. In a pan, heat olive oil and add kale, garlic, salt & pepper & hot red pepper flakes if desired. Cook until kale is tender.
3. Add lemon zest & juice and continue cooking.
4. Add cooked spaghetti & about 2 tablespoons of the pasta water and mix.
5. Top with parmesan cheese.