Huevo Rancheros is one of my favorite dishes to order for breakfast but sometimes it is so heavy & greasy at restaurants. I wanted to try making it at home so it would be lighter & fresh. This was fun to prepare and assemble everything. And seriously, a fried egg just makes everything better. It would also be yummy to include ground beef or chorizo but I liked the freshness with just the avocado & tomatoes. I started eating it with a fork & knife but I just picked them up with my hands and devoured away 🙂
Recipe for Huevos Rancheros:
1 can black beans
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 cup of salsa
1 cup of feta cheese
4 corn tortillas
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortillas on baking sheet and heat for 15 minutes or until it gets crispy & the outside curls up a little.
2. Rinse beans & then heat up in a small pot. Add ground cumin & a squeeze of lime juice
3. Slice avocados, chop tomatoes & chop cilantro.
4. Heat olive oil in a pan & fry eggs sunny side up.
5. To assemble the Huevos Rancheros, place the baked tortilla on the bottom. Spread beans on tortilla, add a spoonful or two of salsa on top. Add avocado, tomatoes and place an egg on top. Finish with a sprinkle of feta cheese & cilantro. You can add any more of these ingredients to your liking.