I found a new item to cook eggs in… instead of a ramekin, an avocado! I’ve been intrigued seeing photos of baked eggs in avocados and decided to try it myself. All you do is cut an avocado in half, scoop out a little more avocado from the hole if needed to make more room for the egg. Then you crack an egg into the hole, sprinkle salt & pepper and bake in the oven. Keep an eye on it so you can determine when it’s done. I added green onions & tomatoes on top but it would also be good with some bacon and cheese!
Recipe for Baked Eggs in Avocado:
chopped green onions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut avocado in half and scoop out from the holes if needed to make room for eggs
3. Crack an egg in each half
4. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and bake in oven for about 15 min or keep an eye on it for your desired egg preference
5. Add green onions & tomatoes on top