It is always fun for me to make a frittata. It’s easy, you can get creative. and it’s a great egg dish to serve to guests. A frittata is an open face omelette that you slice like a pizza and can be served hot or room temperature. You can get creative by adding whatever ingredients you want– I usually add the ingredients I have at home already. This particular frittata has potatoes, mushrooms & bacon. Other ingredients I have used: sausage, ham, spinach, broccoli, cheddar cheese.. there are so many options! So think of some of your own favorite ingredients and try making this frittata! I like to serve with a simple salad.. enjoy! 🙂
* A Delish Thoughts recipe for Frittata with potatoes, mushrooms & bacon:
1 shallot, minced
4 small red potatoes, sliced
1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 teaspoon chives, chopped
1 tablespoon milk or half & half
salt & black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for about 2 min until tender & slice.
3. In a medium size oven proof fry pan, add a slice of butter & toss in shallot, sliced potatoes, mushrooms, bacon. Sautee until ingredients get softened.
4. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk or half & half, and add salt & black pepper. Then add the eggs to the pan & make sure the ingredients are covered with egg.
5. Let the egg cook for a few minutes until it starts to cook on the outside.
6. Transfer pan to oven and finish cooking for about 15 minutes. Stick a knife in the middle to make sure it’s completely cooked.
7. Remove pan from oven to cool, sprinkle chives & goat cheese on top. Slice into wedges & serve.