I always get random thoughts in my head about what to eat. The other day, I thought about scallops and some kind of sauce to go with it and thought it might be interesting to try making a pea puree. Two things I decided after making this: better to cook with fresh scallops & always go with the jumbo scallops.. bigger is better right? 🙂 I went with the smaller scallops at the market and they were still a little frozen so they didn’t sear as well as I wanted but it was still a pretty tasty dish. I have always hated peas– I was the girl who picked peas out of fried rice but for some reason, I like split pea soup and have been peas here & there. This pea puree is pretty good– a nice combination of garlic, cheese & mint. Try it & let me know what you think! 🙂
My recipe for seared scallops with pea puree
serving for 1
scallops (I eat alot so I bought 6 for myself.. they were small!)
1 cup of fresh or frozen peas
3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped mint
2 cloves of chopped garlic
1. Cook the peas in boiling water for about 2 min & save some of the water.
2. Transfer the peas to a blender or food processor & add cheese, mint, garlic and blend until smooth. Add some water if needed. You can add more cheese/mint/garlic depending on your taste.
3. Make sure you pat your scallops dry & then season with salt & pepper.
4. Add oil to pan and place scallops & sear for about 2-3 min on each side.
5. Spoon the puree onto a place and put scallops on top