I created my own recipe! Ok not really because I have seen a similar recipe on the Food Network & I kind of copied the salmon with lemon caper butter sauce recipe (see below) but still, A for effort? 🙂
I busted a Rachael Ray on this dish because I didn’t measure my ingredients.. just gathered what I had at home and threw things in the pan but I am now reflecting back to share with you this delicious & easy recipe for pan seared tilapia with a lemon caper sauce! It took me about 15 min to cook. The fish is soft & flaky with a slight crisp and the sauce is zesty & tangy. I like capers so I kept adding more. Enjoy!
tilapia fillets (bought 3 packaged fillets at Trader Joes)
juice from 1 lemon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
all purpose flour
1/2 cup white wine
1-2 tablespoons capers
salt & pepper
1. Make sure to pat your fillets dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle salt & pepper on both sides and then lightly dredge fillets in flour (poured onto a plate).
2. Heat olive oil & 1 tablespoon of butter in a large pan until the butter is melted and add the fillets.
3. When the fillets are lightly brown on each side, take them out and put aside on a plate.
4. Add the wine, scrape the bottom of the pan to get the brown bits. Then add the capers (add however much you like) and let it simmer for a minute.
5. As the sauce is simmering, add the other tablespoon of butter and place the fillets back in the pan.
6. Spoon the sauce over the top of fillets and let it cook for 30 seconds.
7. Top the fillets with chopped parsley